2021 Proper Prescribing Livestream on May 12, 2021 at 12:00pm CST
This course is a livestream and will begin on May 12, 2021 at 12:00pm CST.
No content controllers have any relevant relationships.
Funded by ODMHSAS and SAMHSA
CME Credit for this activity:
- This activity has been approved for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A CME credit.
- This activity has been approved by OSBOE for Proper Prescribing credit.
- This activity has been approved for 1.0 AAFP Prescribed credit.
- This activity meets the Oklahoma State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners Pain Management requirement.
The Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. The Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine designates this program for a maximum of  AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
The AAFP has reviewed 2021 Live-Streamed Proper Prescribing , and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 01/28/2021 to 06/24/2021. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit approval includes the following session(s):
1.00 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - The Opioid Epidemic
This course awards up to 1 AAFP Prescribed Credits.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
We are currently in a pain epidemic in the United States. New legislation that directly affects prescribers and patients has been implemented in Oklahoma to assist in curbing prescription rates. This series will explore the history of opioid epidemics in the United States, the severity of the epidemic, the facts/statistics surrounding the epidemic, treatment options that are available, and the requirements of Senate Bill 1446.
- Understand the context of drug overdoses in the United States
- Understand the different phases of opioid overdose deaths
- Understand evolving guidance on the use of opioids